Click HERE to sign up to volunteer.
Parent volunteerism is a cornerstone of our Horace Mann’s culture. We depend on thousands of hours of parent volunteer time every year! There are many volunteer opportunities for every person and every type of schedule. Our dynamic and dedicated parent body serves the mission at Horace Mann in a variety of ways, including participating on committees, at events, in the classroom, and on the playground.
Share your unique talents and skills... organizational, catering, communications, technology, finance, social, etc. Meet other parents, make new friends, and be part of our community!
- Programs (all educational activities sponsored by HM PTA)
- Community Service
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Reflections Art Contest
- Multicultural Week
- Bingo Nights
- Teacher Luncheons
- Family Educational Nights
- Science Fair
- Husky Social Nights
- Purple Pages (HM school directory)
Act as liaison between teacher and parents to be the main resource for class and school-related information
KINDERGARTEN BUDDIES (Highly recommended for returning first grade families)
- Support the incoming kindergarten parents
- 1 hr/wk in the cafeteria and playground to help all kindergarten students during lunch time and provide guided supervision
- Lunch Bunch Coordinator
- Check with classroom teacher to find out more about in classroom opportunities
For more information about the committees or for any questions about other volunteer opportunities, contact us at email@example.com.