Our mission at
is to empower students to become independent, self-motivated learners who function productively in society and who are prepared to continue on into higher education. Horace Mann School
- creating and delivering a high-level, enriched, standards-based educational program;
- establishing an inspiring, safe, nurturing environment in which students feel intellectually, physically, and emotionally safe;
- providing opportunities for children to progress and gain competency in all areas of learning: intellectual, physical, emotional and social;
- modeling positive character traits, including respect, responsibility, integrity, caring, and citizenship;
- helping students to develop positive self-concepts and self-images; and
- helping to create opportunities for community involvement and interaction
Horace Mann School’s goals are:
- To provide appropriate, efficient and successful intervention for students scoring at a basic level in any strand of English-language arts or math so that they can become proficient.
- To provide appropriately differentiated instruction to meet the needs of all students by increasing teachers’ knowledge and utilization of a variety of strategies and structures.
- To increase and promote citizenship and work habits among students, working to build a student culture of respect, responsibility, kindness, tolerance, and school pride.
- To develop 21st Century Learners who are ready for college/career opportunities.